TRAINING Elevator Speech

Training seems to have no gray area. You either find yourself in a training that is completely time consuming and unbeneficial or you walk away feeling more knowledgeable and informed of the topic discussed. The problem is trying to create a session that leaves learners feeling the latter rather than the first. 

There are 3 main things to consider during your training; the goals, the audience and the delivery. The goals are imperative to knowing what the takeaway should be once the training is through. It’s important to have a true understanding of what you want your audience to leave with after completion. Keeping goals in mind assists with the creation of the material to ensure that the material being relayed is relevant and on topic. The audience is important because everyone learns differently and you will need to truly think about who you are targeting and what aspects may need to be involved in order to keep their attention during the delivery. This leads into the last consideration; the delivery. 

Once you have thought about the goals and objectives to outline,  the audience and how they can best be presented with the information, then you can actually work on the delivery of the information and look into the presentation tools possible to enhance the learning experience as much as possible.

Training can begin to be something to look forward to once trainers and managers take the time to cohesively work together and truly determine how to take full advantage of the training time to deliver useful new material in a unique way.

3 thoughts on “TRAINING Elevator Speech”

1. Halle. I love that you pointed out goals, audience, and delivery in your elevator pitch. I also like how you mentioned goals keep the training relevant and on-topic – demonstrating that training should support the business. I also felt that your pitch expressed that training can be a collaborative experience that leads to unique opportunities.
    Liz

2. Halle, I loved your elevator pitch! I especially enjoy that you mentioned how trainers and managers need to work together to have the most effective training experience.

3. Halle, thank you for your elevator speech. You covered all the essential elements of a successful speech. Is it well thought out, and the delivery is very well done. The potential client should be very impressed.